H1B Visa stamping refusal after 221G

sameer.gupta.phx

I was working here in US with X consulting company on H1B. I went to India for vacation, and my H1B visa stamping got rejected after 221G. My case status has been changed to "REFUSED". I was not given any reason / or any letter with rejection reason. I need to know:
1) How to know the reason from consular for rejection.
2) Can I use the same H1B petition with some other employer and come back to US on H1B with new employer. Is there any risk to get it rejected?
3) Can I appeal for this refusal.

Hi Sameer.gupta.phx,

Sorry to hear about your refusal. That would be really stressful. I went thru this in 2010-2011. My visa was refused after a 221g at Delhi consulate. I was in an EVC model. I don't think there is any way you can find out the exact reason of why the visa was refused. I applied for a new visa with my vendor company, got the new H1 approved, went again for visa interview at the Delhi consulate 3 months after my first rejection, and was lucky to get it the second time.

You can certainly change Employer and try this again. My suggestion though is to work with a Lawyer and see what they suggest. They might be able to appeal this case, or at least, get some more information on why your H1B was refused.

Good luck and stay strong.

Archived