Visitor visa extension - Administrative Processing

pradeep

My parents (retired) need to renew their visitor visa. They attended OFC/Finger printing appointment on 9/12 and submitted their passports on the same day since they qualify for interview waiver program. I am the person who will be providing financial support for the stay in USA. They never overstayed in USA and only visited once in the last 10 years.

ceac.state.gov visa status showed the following - 

9/14 - Case created

9/21 - Ready

9/24 - Administrative processing. 

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Do I need to worry? Does it take this long for visitor visa renewal under interview waiver program? Is it common to see all the cases go through administrative processing step.

• 1 month later...
On 9/24/2016 at 9:38 AM, pradeep said:

My parents (retired) need to renew their visitor visa. They attended OFC/Finger printing appointment on 9/12 and submitted their passports on the same day since they qualify for interview waiver program. I am the person who will be providing financial support for the stay in USA. They never overstayed in USA and only visited once in the last 10 years.

ceac.state.gov visa status showed the following - 

9/14 - Case created

9/21 - Ready

9/24 - Administrative processing. 

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Do I need to worry? Does it take this long for visitor visa renewal under interview waiver program? Is it common to see all the cases go through administrative processing step.

Hi Pradeep,

My dad needs to go for the OFC / Finger printing appointment at New Delhi, since he qualifies for interview waver program for B2 visa renewal. I'm the person who wil be providing financial support for the stay in US. I'm on a green card and his previous visa expired on Nov. 16 2016.

What kind of supporting docs does he need to take with him ?  like proof of my bank account, his property in India , ties to home country etc. or he doesn't need to take these docs. 

Actually I'm in India , helping him with the appointment.

Anyone please let me know. 

Archived