Sevis Terminated for F-1 Violation

kriz999

Hi,

I did an internship with a non-profit organization as a part of the Curricular Practical Training from July 6th, 2016 to August 19th, 2016 with authorization. My company liked my work and they offered me to continue working till December,2016. I have filed for the authorization documents to work till December, with my University, in the second week of August. I got the necessary paperwork done from my company in August second week and submitted in my director’s office. There was a delay in processing my documents and the Office of International Services processed my I-20 with Authorization to work from September 12th,2016 to December 9th,2016. I have come to know this when I collected my I-20 with these dates and I reported to my Office of International Services that I have worked for two weeks assuming that they had given me authorization from the dates I had submitted my application.

Now that my Sevis is terminated, I am left with applying for the Reinstatement. I want to know:

• The Probability of chances of my request getting reinstated
  • How many days does it take to know the decision?
  • What are my other options if my request is denied, to stay and work in united states?

Any advises and suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.

Archived