I94 error in the past

Chetan21

Hello,

Like many others in this section, there was an I94 error in the past for me. The officer at the POE entered the date on my I94 based on my old I797 (2014) but not the latest I797 (2016). So because of that my I94 expired and i didnt realise that until an year. However all this time my I797 was valid which has its own I94. I tried to get it corrected but the officer was very rude over the phone and rejected my request for appointment claiming its not their fault and they wont fix it.

Later, in 2016 when my new I797 was about to end, my company attorneys filed for a H1 extension and it was approved (until 2018). Now my question is will this be an issue if I go to India for stamping in future?

Thanks for the reply srinivas. I did talk to my lawyers and they said since USCIS approved the H1B extension this does mean that they didnt consider me out of status as I have a vlaid I797 despite the I94 date error at the POE. I just wanted to check if anyone else faced this situation and what happened to them (if everything was fine or if there were any issues despite the H1B extension approved).

Archived