Matamoros or Chennai - I797C Urgent Help choosing consulate

vidyasagar

HI,

I had recently lost job with Company A, and then was lucky to find another job with Company B. However, my Comp A guys notified USCIS of lost job on same day.

Comp B filed my h1 premium as fast as they could. The petition came back approved for 3 yrs, however the extension of stay was denied.

Reason being, they said, " aliens authorized stay expired on July xx and this petition was filed on Aug yy".

That said, I have a I-797C on my h1b approval with no i-94.

The denial notice said that they have notified the consulate of chennai.

I gather that I have to leave the country asap to get stamping.

My questions are:

a) Can I goto Matamoros for H1B stamping, although my I797C says chennai has been notified.

Note: In the last 10 yrs, while with Comp A, I had have h1b stamping from Matamoros, chennai, UK and canada US consulates.

Main reason I want to go to Matamoros, is because I heard in India the wait times to get visa appointment is almost 2-3 months. 

b) What is the processing time in Matamoros. Ie. if you have interview on Monday, - when do we get passport back ?

c) Anyone have an idea of the INTERVIEW WAIT TIME. i.e. once you log in to schedule a visa, are you able to choose dates in early- midn sep, or if the dates are in like Nov-dec time frames.

I want to get H1B stamping done asap, and hence I am trying to find which consulates I can go / schedule that can offer a very quick h1b stamping. I ruled canada out, as it appears that it takes about 25-30days, just to get Canadian visa. On the contrary, Mexico visa takes a day at most. So clearly I am inclined to goto Mexico and use Salvador services.

Any help would be great.

Regards,

You can get dates anytime possible in Matamoros. They are pretty much available in a week. There is no wait time. It will require 2 days. 1st day for finger printing and the next day for stamping. You might get the passport the same day of interview or the following day.

Just wondering if there is any luggage restrictions at customs.

Hi thanks for the advise.

I would like to followup on this subject. I just saw the attoryney today, and he was saying to goto India.

Basically, now the questions I have are based based on new developments:

Hi,

I now have original I-797B [ H1 approved but no i-94, as extension of stay was denied], and I was told my attorny to go outside and come back with visa stamping. The I-797B form says, CHENNAI consualte has been notified.

It also says, " If any of the named worked will apply for a visa at a consulate other than the one listed above [chennai], the petitioner should file form I-824, Application for action on an approved application or petition, to request us to notify the new consulate.

Any you may know, there are really no dates in Chennai until Jan. So i filled a ds-160 for chennai, and during scheduling could not find any date in chennai, but some slots in delhi. So I went ahead and booked a slot on 15-sep in delhi. 
Now question is:

a) Can I goto delhi ?
b) Do i need to fill a form I-824?
c) I have DS-160 currently submitted in chennai? Can i use the same one or for safe side, fill another ds-160 for delhi, and carry both ?

d) I also need to get my wife's H4. So can i fill her ds-160 to chennai, but see if there is a slot in delhi along with me ?

Please help.
If this is not the right forum, kindly advise where I can post it.
Thanks for your responses.

Regards,

Archived