Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:15 AM

@Visaseeker

Hi

I am also on same boat- 221g Blue form @ chennai

Interview date: Feb 9th
EVC model
asked all petitioner side documents
documents submitted: March 5th @ chennai VFS

gave a call to chennai consulate got a response to wait for 1 more week for update. Can we trust there words.. Did any one got the response as per the consulate words.. Please reply guys

#22 geddamuri

geddamuri

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 01:11 AM

To which number did u call to confirm that documents reached.My interview was in hyderabad and asked to submit resume through email.I did twice.I got acknowledgement that email received but never got any email saying they received my resume.
its more then 4 months,still waiting.

Originally posted by visaseeker508:
Updating

Interview date: March 7th
EVC model
asked all petitioner side documents
documents submitted: March 18th @ HYD vfs
documents reached chennai: March 23rd ( called VFS to confirm)

Still waiting for positive response from consulate. Completed 6 weeks since I submitted my docs.

#23 jithen_ss

jithen_ss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hi All,

Got reply from visa consulate for 221g - blue slip

Interview Date : May 17 2011
Document Asked : All documents from Petitioner Side. W2, Pay Slip, Tax return, Bank Statement
Document Dropped On : May 17 2011
Passport Requested : June 14 2011 Returned Documents and issued 221g asking for passport
Passport Submitted On : June 15 2011
Passport Received With Stamping : Waiting for passport

#24 Samkumar

Samkumar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 04:11 PM

Seems many people got 221g Blue Slip and still waiting for the response. I am also joined them now..

Attended Interview on May 16th 2011.
Asked for Additional documents without passport (almost everything).
Submitted documents on June 28th 2011.
I am not sure how long should I need to wait... Hoping for the best reply from them soon. Does it have any time frame or any tracker to check it?

#25 ahteyhda

ahteyhda

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:54 PM

Adding myself to this thread.

221g blue form
New H1B (premium processing)
Employer (desi consultancy) - client (well known US company) model
Interview date: March 8th
Documents submitted: May 9th (submitted passport along with the docs as I was asked to in the 221g form)
Current status: Sill under processing

I read all varieties of experiences on this forum. Guess we can do nothing but wait till they respond. I am surprised they are holding my passport for about 10 weeks now! Anyone whose passport has been held for along?

#26 Samkumar

Samkumar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 06:37 PM

Finally, I have received the submitted documents from the US Consulate (Initially they asked to submit the documents without the passport), and new 221g asking to submit my passport.
I submitted my passport on 15th July 2011. In the VFS Counter they said it will take 3 to 4 business days... but I didnt received any response or any updates from them yet. Do anyone know, how long it will take to return the passport after document verification?

Thanks.

#27 KamalGetAPP

KamalGetAPP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 06:46 AM

Originally posted by Samkumar:
Finally, I have received the submitted documents from the US Consulate (Initially they asked to submit the documents without the passport), and new 221g asking to submit my passport.
I submitted my passport on 15th July 2011. In the VFS Counter they said it will take 3 to 4 business days... but I didnt received any response or any updates from them yet. Do anyone know, how long it will take to return the passport after document verification?

Thanks.

Asking for passport is a good sign, It shoukd not take long...Excpect to recieve your visa within a week time.

#28 fightforwhat

fightforwhat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 July 2011 - 04:46 PM

@jithen, did you get ur visa? Are you a consultant?

@samkumar, are you a consultant?

Does both of your guys' client name match in both LCA and I-129?

#29 mushy

mushy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:58 AM

Interview Date : June 16 2011
Document Asked : All documents from Petitioner Side. i-797, i-129,client letter, PO.
Document Dropped On : June 19 2011

#30 Target

Target

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hi All,

I attended H1B interview in Chennai on June 20th 2011. I was issued 221g blue slip asking for Petitioner documents. I submitted the documents on June 22nd.I contacted Chennai consulate and understood that my case is still under review.Mine is a small desi company

Wait game is on.....sad that we have no way to track it.

#31 Target

Target

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 07:43 PM

I got email today that my case is under AAP. Does anyone know how much time would AAP take ?

Did any of your wait game got over ?

#32 rajvis16

rajvis16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

Interview Date: 10th June
Visa Category: H1B
Employment: Full Time Employee for an American MNC having a turnover of around USD 200 Millions and employee strength of 3000.
Document asked to submit via courier: Passport, LCA, I129, Payslips (2011), Bank Statement (2011), W2 (2010), Income Tax Return Filed (2010)
Document submitted on: 13th June
Document received by the consulate: 16th June
Date of first communication from the consulate: 5th July
Purpose: To inform that they need more information from me like my work experience, Degree, list of all the previous passports, sibling name and where they are right now. No documents were asked only information which I sent them immediately in mail. Also, they informed me that my case has now undergone additional administrative processing.
After that: I got all my documents back except for the passport along with one more blue slips saying that my case has now undergone additional administrative processing.

Important events during my Interview:

VO asked me for LCA, I-129, payslips, I took none of those with me. Honestly speaking I was not even aware that people are being harassed during stamping. Two years back when I went for stamping the VO didn't ask for any documents. That has made me complacent, I assume.
She then asked me which client I worked for I told her that I don't work for any client. She then asked me if I work for a product development company. I told her that I work for a brand marketing company. Then she asked me about my role which I then replied. She told me that since I have not got all the documents with me she cannot issue me a visa. She then issued me a blue form and asked me to courier all the documents. She also said that there is no need of an another interview.

#33 Mathi_mika

Mathi_mika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 01:43 AM

All,

I got Blue Slip at chennai consulate on June 6 2011. It was a restamping for the same petition. Last time when i visited india, my passport and visa was water damaged. I dint have enough time during my last visit, so i dint go for stamping and went ahead with damaged visa, I landed in Houston airport. Immigration official made a small remark about passport and that was it. This time i had enough time and went for stamping. First question visa office asked for Client Letter and paystubs. that was it, I provided vendor letter, but it was not enough. I was issued a blue slip

Interview date: 6.Jun.2011
Documents Submission Date: 11.Jul.2011 with passport

my suggestion never go for stamping in case of any passport damage, It should be okay as long as it is not badly damaged. Moreover my petition is about to expire on September 17 2011. Is there any minimum numbers of days required in visa before expiry to enter US?. Further i have another approved petition from Sep 18 2011.

Thanks

#34 jithen_ss

jithen_ss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 03:45 AM

@ northwest.bobby -

I got my visa stamped and passport returned after 5 days of submission.

I am a consultant and my client name matched in LCA and I-129.
Just as a information, VO issued Blue 221g to me saying my employer was not listed as a sponsoring company in their database.

#35 Mathi_mika

Mathi_mika

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:07 PM

All,

Today i got my passport back saying that my process is going to take longer.

#36 fightforwhat

fightforwhat

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:00 PM

@Mathi_mika

Did you get another blue form mentioning 'Additional Admin Processing' along with passport that was returned without any stamp?

#37 rajvis16

rajvis16

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:45 PM

@Mathi_mika

To give you one of my past example, I had my visa stamped till Nov 2007. I went to Canada for tourism purpose (for few days) in the month of September the same year. I had no problem entering back into United States. And to top it I had a new petition at that time.

Regarding your passport story, I feel it doesn't matter whether the passport is damaged or not. If the VO decides that your case should undergo Administrative Processing then no one can help you. They are our GOD right now.

#38 beunited

beunited

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hi,
I was done with my interview @ chennai consulate on Aug 10th 2011. Received a blue 221g slip and no documents needed, but it is under administrative processing. Can I have your e-mail id to contact ?

Thanks

Originally posted by TerminalXception:
Hi All,

At last my visa got stamped on 17th May

Approval Date : Feb 7 2011
Interview Date : April 1 2011
Document Asked : YES
Document Dropped On : April 5th 2011
Passport Requested : May 9th 2011 Returned Documents and issued 221g asking for passport
Passport Submitted On : May 11th 2011
Passport Received With Stamping : May 18th 2011 from VFS Chennai

Some of the point i want to share to boost your confidence

1) 221g refusal is not rejection
2) Have all your documents ready before you go for interview so that you can drop them as soon as you receive the 221g
3) Have patience. all the 221g cases are mostly approved as long as you provide a valid documents
4) If you are not asked for passport when you were issued 221g, it does not mean your chance of getting visa is less than the others who have submitted passport.
5) You will have a case number for all the 221g. Unfortunately we cannot track blue slip case number through the Chennai consulate pdf.
6) I did send mail once in every two weeks to chennai consulate asking for update.

Make sure that you get all the documents from your
employer or consultancy before you schedule your interview

#39 forumman

forumman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:12 PM

@Target: Has your employer/client been contacted by the Consulate ?
I am wondering I didnt get an email saying AAP. I submitted docs on June 27th and whenever I call I was being told 'AAP'.

#40 lakshma

lakshma

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:23 PM

Adding Myself to the blueslip thread....
Here is my case details:
Interview Date:June 21st, 2011( 2nd H1 - in 6th yr now)
Model:EVC(Employer- small desi company)
Given 221g blue slip asking for the Amended Petition due to change in client location( VO said that Updated LCA is not enough), copy of the petition, client letter & contracts and the work itinary and my w2 and tax forms.

Applied for H1B Amendment on June 29th, 2011.
H1B Amendment Approved on: July 11th
Docs Sumbmitted: 21st july,2011
Docs Reached to Chennai Consulate:25 July,2011

waiting since 3 weeks... hoping to hear some positive news by next week...
what is the average processing time for the similar cases as above.......

Thanks
Lakshma

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users