i94 updated with wrong information

jvj2010

hi, how to correct/update the i94 information regarding travel history.

1. I travelled to India recently (california SFO to hyderabad) with my new renewed passport.

But travel history is not updated in i94 online

2. When I searched with my old passport number, the travel history in online i94 is updated with my recent travel (california SFO to hyderabad), but port of entry/exit is mentioned as CHENNAI instead of HYDERABAD.

I am in SFO, California. Please advise how to correct the i94 information.

Thanks.

https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/request.html

The online travel history on the CBP website is seldom accurate which is OK: you do not need to correct it. The CBP itself states clearly at the bottom of the history page that the online history is only for information purposes and not for any legal purpose.

Just make sure that your I-94 number and valid up-to date are correct. The travel history itself is of no consequence.

The online travel history on the CBP website is seldom accurate which is OK: you do not need to correct it. The CBP itself states clearly at the bottom of the history page that the online history is only for information purposes and not for any legal purpose.

Just make sure that your I-94 number and valid up-to date are correct. The travel history itself is of no consequence.

thank you

You can get in touch with the local CBP office and request them to correct it. Once it happened to me when I traveled to India. Online travel history showed that I exited US but my entry back to US was not shown. I then contacted the CBP office in Chicago through email and they sent a new I 94 number. But online continued to show my old I 94 details only. When I checked with CBP office they said not to worry and use the new I 94 number if required. I then userd the new I 94 number for my change of employer (H1B transfer) and it worked.

Archived