J1 hardship waiver USA gov fundings

davince

My spouse and I filed j1 waiver based on hardship. Uscis received 612 on 23 may. No answer. US State Department received all other docs on 7 June. Unknown sent on June 7.

1. What does the "Unknown sent" means?

2. How long does it take for decisions? It's been two months since USCIS has my case.

• 2 months later...
On 8/1/2016 at 7:12 PM, Buggy0613 said:

I don't know what "in know sent" means. But my hardship case took about 9-10 months to get approved.

Hi, I applied for the hardship j1 waiver and USCIS received my documents and on October 14 they requested other non-USCIS advisory opinion for my form I-612...

I am very anxious to now when I should expect to have a final answer!!

Could you tell me more about your time line??

thank you very much!

N.

• 2 months later...

Hi uscis sent for opinion to us state department on the 12 Oct.  State department asked for sponser review on 18 Oct. No answer yet. Two months now.

I initially filled my hardship waiver 24 May to USCIS and ds form to us state department received theirs on June 8th. 

7 months now nothing since initial filling. I was told if uscis ask for opinion it's a good sign but I was government funded orfullbright. I applied under Hardship to a USC. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Davince and Nathram0s, 

Just wanted to check with you if you had received updates on your hardship waiver cases from DOS recently? 

Nathram0s - are you physician that applied for a hardship waiver?

I have a hardship waiver case filed due to medical reasons and my case was received by DOS on December 20th, 2016.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello RIV, 

No, I have still not received any further update from DOS. the last update was on December 30th when the Letter of Need was received. Is your case also a hardship application based on medical or persecution reasons? Will definitely update this thread when I see any update on DOS - please do the same.

Thank you.

• 1 month later...
On 12/30/2016 at 9:32 PM, davince said:

Hi uscis sent for opinion to us state department on the 12 Oct.  State department asked for sponser review on 18 Oct. No answer yet. Two months now.

I initially filled my hardship waiver 24 May to USCIS and ds form to us state department received theirs on June 8th. 

7 months now nothing since initial filling. I was told if uscis ask for opinion it's a good sign but I was government funded orfullbright. I applied under Hardship to a USC. 

Hello Davince, I m in the same situation just got started with a j1 hardship waiver/US Funding. I know it's a very long exhausting process! I hope you've got your case approved by now. Keep us posted. Bests,

On 4/5/2017 at 6:17 PM, Zikos said:

Hello Davince, I m in the same situation just got started with a j1 hardship waiver/US Funding. I know it's a very long exhausting process! I hope you've got your case approved by now. Keep us posted. Bests,

HI Zikos.it was approved by USCIS on March 31 2017 two days after US State Department sent the favorable recommendation. My lawyer got the Email two 5 days later. Now working on my I-130 but consular processing. 

On 1/24/2017 at 6:02 PM, Cleop76 said:

Hello Davince and Nathram0s, 

Just wanted to check with you if you had received updates on your hardship waiver cases from DOS recently? 

Nathram0s - are you physician that applied for a hardship waiver?

I have a hardship waiver case filed due to medical reasons and my case was received by DOS on December 20th, 2016.

Hi Cleop76.

Morning. My waiver took 10 months and two weeks for every thing to be approved.

On 4/7/2017 at 10:40 PM, davince said:

HI Zikos.it was approved by USCIS on March 31 2017 two days after US State Department sent the favorable recommendation. My lawyer got the Email two 5 days later. Now working on my I-130 but consular processing. 

What a wonderful news! Congratulations Davince, all the best with the rest. So you're processing your permanent residency at a US Consulate; does this means you left the country before you got your waiver approved! It could have been easier processing the i130 and other forms in US at USCIS. But I assume you were running out of time and you tried to avoide falling out of status, is that true? Actually, I m still hestitating wether I should go back home and wait, till I become eligible to apply for CR1/IR1 visa, or take risk and wait for the waiver to be approved here and then filling the i130 with USCIS! The problem, is that if my waiver failed to be approved, I'll be stuck in the US as out of status. I only have two months left in my lawful status and still have not taken "a decision" yet. Maybe, I'll just go back home, at least if my waiver didnt get approved, I ll still have the chance to apply for a marriage visa at the consulate after fulfilling the two years! This is frustrating! I need a coffee now! :p Congratulations again. :D

Archived