What is the process to go for h1b extension Stamping in Mexico

manojreddy53

Hi,

This is Manoj, I am looking for some information to go for H1B extension stamping in Mexico, My first (F1 -> H1) stamping in Canada, I have valid visa up to Sep 14 2016, Recently applied for extension it is approved 3 years (Till 2019 sept), Would like to go for H1B extension stamping in Mexico, As of now no nearest available dates in Canada. So Planning to go to Mexico, Do we need to apply for Mexico Visitor's visa/Mexican Permit ( I heard if you have valid US visa, You can enter directly into Mexico, Is it true?)

Please assist me to go for h1b extension stamping and please let me know if anyone knows about the available appointments in august in Mexico.

Thanks,

Manoj.

You can go to the US Consulate in Tijuana and get your extension. Its pretty simple. Go to the US consulate website of Tijuana and there is a detailed documents as to how to apply and make appointments.

You do not need a Mexican visa if your US visa is not expired.

Please read my stamping experience in my post. I went there in April 2016.

Hi,

This is Manoj, I am looking for some information to go for H1B extension stamping in Mexico, My first (F1 -> H1) stamping in Canada, I have valid visa up to Sep 14 2016, Recently applied for extension it is approved 3 years (Till 2019 sept), Would like to go for H1B extension stamping in Mexico, As of now no nearest available dates in Canada. So Planning to go to Mexico, Do we need to apply for Mexico Visitor's visa/Mexican Permit ( I heard if you have valid US visa, You can enter directly into Mexico, Is it true?)

Please assist me to go for h1b extension stamping and please let me know if anyone knows about the available appointments in august in Mexico.

Thanks,

Manoj.

I think if you have valid US visa, there is no need for mexico tourist visa. There are many US consulates in Mexico. Which consulate are you planning to go? Many of them have dates available in August.

Process to get Mexico Visa if you don't have valid USA Visa stamping.

I went to San Jose its pretty simple In front of you they print and give the visa. But careful  full with first name last name its confusion in the application. they will ask to review your details. for me they swapped my names but they corrected.

You do need an appointment for a tourist visa. You can make an appointment by phone at:

1 877 639 4835 or through email at: https://mexitel.sre.gob.mx/citas.webportal/pages/public/login/login.jsf

I had very difficulty in creating account.  It wont say type of errors to correct.  For username it should be one capital and one number..  

Here are the general requirements for a tourist visa:

• Valid Passport (booklet)

• Passport copies (First Page, last page, and every page that has a stamp or a visa on it).

• If you are not an American citizen, you must proof your legal stay. (valid I-94 and one photocopy, I-20/J-1 or  I-797A Form in original and one photocopy)

6 months of bank statement copies with an average monthly balance equivilent to $2,590 or you can bring your pay stub copies of the last 6 months of $1,554

• 1 photo passport size (clean face, no glasses, color, white background and front face)  -  I took USA passport photo)

• $ 36.00 (cash only)

• Application filled out, you can downloaded at: https://consulmex2.sre.gob.mx/sanjose/images/PDFs/visa_ingles_2015_form.pdf

On the day that you come be sure to have all the documents that are mentioned  in general requirements, we will not print or copy any documents.

For more information go to: https://consulmex2.sre.gob.mx/sanjose/index.php/documentacion1/visas

If you have any other question feel free to contact me through this email.  visas@consulmexsj.com

Archived