Successful visa stamping in Toronto

Deep786

This is my third visa Interview and second one in Canada.

I was allowed inside about ½ hour before the appointment time, finished the whole process in less than 2 hours. No big surprises from the VO, regular questions and said my visa is approved (VO retained my passport, I797).

Timelines

Thursday morning: Visa Interview

Thursday noon (1st Business day): DS160 status changed to “Administrative Processing”

Friday noon (2nd BD): DS160 Status changed to “Issued”

Monday 10am (3rd BD): Received email that the passport is released to the courier CPC

Tuesday noon (4th BD): Passport reached the chosen Post office. I collected it immediately by presenting the ID and Address proof

Things to note from my experience

1. Make sure to take an ID proof and an Address proof (the address should match your Address you provided when you scheduled the visa appointment). CPC will not release the passport without these 2 proofs.

2. If you are driving to downtown, please be mindful of the street cars. It’s by-law to stop (not pass) when the doors of the street cars are open.

Hi Deep,

Have few questions on the above experience you have shared. Would like to know if there was any special scenario/situation in your case ?

Did you go to Canada to just get the Visa stamp for the I-94 period ?

Please let me know. I have some different situation so was I'm exploring my options with respect to Canada/Mexico.

Thanks

Hi Deep,

Have few questions on the above experience you have shared. Would like to know if there was any special scenario/situation in your case ?

Did you go to Canada to just get the Visa stamp for the I-94 period ?

Please let me know. I have some different situation so was I'm exploring my options with respect to Canada/Mexico.

Thanks

Hi Jeevi,

No special scenarios in my case. I am with the same employer I was with when I attended Interview last. The client information is up to date based on my latest H1 petition, so all is straight forward.

Thanks

Archived