Parents Stay in USA

gani.yadav

My Parents came to Canada in  September 10th 2015. They visited my in USA on September 23rd 2015 for 7 days. During their road trip from ottawa (canada) to  Boston (USA), they got their I94 which is valid until March 23rd 2016 (6 months)

They returned back to Canada on September 30th 2015 and stayed in Canada until March 3rd march 2016.

Parents now came back to USA. On the border, the immigration officer did not issue a new I94 saying that the I94 is still valid. 

So as per the fourms  recommendation, I applied their extension which was approved and got a new I94 which is valid until August 20th 2016. Until now they are not out of status. 

We recently visited Canada and while coming back, they the immigration officers issued a new I94 which is now valid until January 22nd 2017.

Parents are scheduled to depart USA on August 15 2016 as per the plan. Now that the new I94 is valid for longer term, can they stay for couple more months as my wife is travelling to India in October and all can leave together.

Please suggest

1)     Can they stay in USA until October 20th? The immigration officer at the border asked us our return plan and we said August 15. 

2)     If we do extend our travel, Will this affect their future visits to USA?

Thanks for the suggestion. The  entry stamp on my dad's passport reads valid until 22 Jan 2016 but the I94 says its valid until 22 Jan 2017. May be the officer did a mistake while writing the date (2016 instead of 2017 ).

Will this be a problem?

and how do i get connected to a phone consult of murthy forum

Archived