Caught in Prostitution

suffer.lifelong

Hi I got caught in prostitution,

is this something serious being on H1B or something can be handeled later?,

actually its not my fault. 

please share your experience, 

is it very common here  or its very serious matter here, 

can I self explain them that there is no mistake so they can excuse, as there is no crime records on my name till now. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rahul,Pontececchio, 

thanks for your replies, I am from India, if my family get to know this offense, they will issue me divorce straight away.

I am reading lot of threads post in all forums,sites ...Looks this is not like traffic ticket, its more serious than I thought. 

I wonder here XXX is very common like one night stands, why so much complications leading to deportation is required. 

even though I have not done any mistake,still do I need to spend lot of money for lawyers?

also looks like  no matter what ever is the outcome, we need to disclose in ds-160??  so is there a way in Visa Interview or

POE can we tell visa interviewer to ask this question privately, so I no need to face embarrass or no need to disclose in

front of my family members,kids. 

You should have thought about this before going to a prostitute.

Prostitution is not legal in most parts of the country.

It will cost you a lot in lawyer fees, etc. And the consequences with your family come on top. No way around that.

Century it was big story,

But in short there is no mistake of mines. do let me know if a police charges solicit prostitution,is there way in this country to prove ourselves innocent?

I am not so rich to spend millions to get out of this but 

I see people who ever has charged no case has been dropped. and here there is no appeals like India, district court, high court, supreme court.

if we are unable to prove innocent whats the point in spending tons and tons money to lawyers, I tell judge that I didnt done mistake, it was false alligation, if he agrees fine or else hardly he will ask me to to community service. 

Yeah i agree I will consult them before I go to visa, now what to do....is there any way MONEY can fix this problem? worst case I will sell my properties in India to safe gaurd my self.

If you mean bribing somebody, no. This is the US, a country of laws.

A lawyer may or may not be able to reduce the charge, but it won't go away.

Where u fingerprinted at station? Did u get citation? Which state this happend? If your state has pre trial diversion u can opt that without accepting guilt then take a class and you are safe from immigration. Is the offense a disorderly conduct in your state?
Reply with these and u can contact me at : ********************* dot c o m

If you mean bribing somebody, no. This is the US, a country of laws.

A lawyer may or may not be able to reduce the charge, but it won't go away.

Yeah U r  right I forgot where am I, what I am writing, that doesn't work out here. 

So without a mistake how can I accept the mistake. and the judge might give me doubtfully fine  so I need to declare every where that I am not guilty but still pleeded guilty and got benefit of doubt. 

Hi I got caught in prostitution,

is this something serious being on H1B or something can be handeled later?,

actually its not my fault. 

please share your experience, 

is it very common here  or its very serious matter here, 

can I self explain them that there is no mistake so they can excuse, as there is no crime records on my name till now. 

if you dont mind. contact me on my email address. we can talk abt this privately. My email address is listed on my profile page

Where are you with the case now? Is it dismissed? or you are going for trial? If what you are saying is true that there is no mistake from your side then find a good lawyer and fight the case in the court of law.

Also you dont need million dollars for this kind of case but you should be ready to spend 5000 - 10000$ for this.

Good luck!

I take it that you might have already gone thru all similar posts in this particular section..

here's a quick summary: with a good lawyer's help, you can get your case sealed and make it not appear in back ground searches for jobs etc except for immigration and POEs...I doubt you will be jailed if you represent yourself in court and loose the case...most likely it will be probation with conditions...

..you can attend visa interviews separately from your family..but you cant avoid it POE..so better save here as much as you can and go back to India than doing other way..

I see a free publication with mugshots at my gas station counters..so your case details may be already online, a simple name search may reveal it to anybody in the world..better get your case sealed..

you strongly claim no wrongdoing, so you were prevented from doing it during solicitation? so in hindsight, arrest helped you from wrongdoing?

you did raise a good point that for a country where so much xxx material is abundant (protected by freedom of speech too), why prostitution has such dire consequences? quite contrary to the popular belief of US in India right?

well..prostitution involves human trafficking of women held against their will..that is the single most reason why US is against it..

closing note..a notorious sheriff in my county known for cracking down on prostitution got himself booked under misuse of public funds..I guess weakness come in several forms..

Well here is the big story in short, 

one fine day I got call from one English girl, whom I don't know, I called her back, she said where is my yesterday money, you given less Bla bla..I understood her profession...I said wrong number ...then she disconnected the call...

but I stored her number just for fun...

I don't have any intentions to something wrong but for fun I called here back ,  Initially she directly told her charges, I said I don't have money so she disconnected the calls, but my intention is make some1 friend in this lonely country as my family is not here at that time and my close friends are not around.

she is not so interested but after couple of calls and messages she started talking. 

she said she is a college going girl, and as a part time she does this occasionally , after some time 

She impressed with very much that she offered we can meet once when she in my state, I told her we can  meet but don't expect happy ending... she said lets see, 

one fine day one customer booked her in my state while she is in my state that customer got some work, he left her and he went off. 

So she called me saying this if you are free we can meet in this hotel.

I am thrilled to meet her, just don't want to disappoint her I taken some gift. we met in that hotel went into the outside restaurant, cops saw her and me , some how they felt something wrong(might be they suspected her as pros**** or something else I don't know ) ,so they followed us,which i don't have clue, the movement we are in hotel room they came in and booked the case under prostitution, I said clearly I didn't done any mistake, but they said you paid at the restaurant(they collected the hotel bills without my notice)  and bought gifts which are clear indication of solicit...so you can answer in court. 

I believed this comes under date, not under prostitution correct me if I am wrong,

But nothing happened in hotel room,how can any1 prove, even the girls says the same, judge might suspect I might bribed or requested the girl...

Yeah U r  right I forgot where am I, what I am writing, that doesn't work out here. 

So without a mistake how can I accept the mistake. and the judge might give me doubtfully fine  so I need to declare every where that I am not guilty but still pleeded guilty and got benefit of doubt. 

You need to get a new lawyer. Don't do anything until you have discussed the situation with the lawyer, and then do what the lawyer suggests.

The law is the law is the law, even if you think you didn't do a "mistake." Your thinking is irrelevant. The law is what matters.

if you dont mind. contact me on my email address. we can talk abt this privately. My email address is listed on my profile page

I do like to talk privately if I did some mistake which I want to hide, but I don't think I have done any mistake that I need to hide my self under the couch, but the only thing i am not posting the real names and all because talking to other girl over the phone for long times my hurt my family relationship.

you did raise a good point that for a country where so much xxx material is abundant (protected by freedom of speech too), why prostitution has such dire consequences? quite contrary to the popular belief of US in India right?

well..prostitution involves human trafficking of women held against their will..that is the single most reason why US is against it..

closing note..a notorious sheriff in my county known for cracking down on prostitution got himself booked under misuse of public funds..I guess weakness come in several forms..

Appreciate your detailed post, but I wonder there are lot of countries who had made it legal 

then there is no issue of trafficking of women there? only here? one night stands are absolutely fine but prost is wrong. 

Here are some of the countries where prostitution is legal.
  • New Zealand. Prostitution has been legal for Kiwis since 2003. ...
  • Australia. The legal status of prostitution in Oz differs from state to state. ...
  • Austria. Prostitution is completely legal in Austria. ...
  • Bangladesh. ...
  • Belgium. ...
  • Brazil. ...
  • Canada. ...
  • Colombia.

Archived