H1B Selected but RFE, what happens if COB denied

nbdcool

Hello, 

I am pregnant and expecting in October, my H1B was filed this year and it got selected but received RFE for GBC based CPT

My lawyer is telling me that I will get my H1 but the change of status will be denied and need to go India. I will not be able to go India for stamping due to my pregnancy, can someone please tell me what are the options I have to maintain my status?

Can I go later for stamping and stay in USA till the birth of child? 

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Currently I am on F1 CPT with goldy beacom college

You can probably forget the H1. That is a shady institution, and their CPT is likely fraudulent.

Prepare to leave the country.

And next time, going to a college is for studying, not for working.

Find a real university.

Hello, 

I am looking for some suggestions here, please if you cant help at least don't scare me in this situation. Last year my H1 didn't got pick up so had no other option then going to GBC. 

If you can then please let me know any options here or else that's fine and why should I prepare to leave the country?

Hello, 

I am looking for some suggestions here, please if you cant help at least don't scare me in this situation. Last year my H1 didn't got pick up so had no other option then going to GBC. 

If you can then please let me know any options here or else that's fine and why should I prepare to leave the country?

That particular institution, and a fe others, are known to abuse the CPT rules.

It is likely that your H1 will get denied due to the CPT abuse. And the F1 could then also be gone, for the same reason.

This is stuff that has been talked about on forums for YEARS!

Have you not heard of TVU? After the raid on TVU in Jan. 2011, there really is no excuse to sign up with such shady institutions.

An F1 is for studying, NOT for working in some arbitrary job with CPT!

Hello, 

Honestly speaking, we are not scaring you. I am just talking the truth. Do you know that F1 is not for working in CPT? 

Do you know why ppl got deported for working in CPT? Just use google search to learn more. Learn why TVU and other universities were raided by ICE.

Thank you both, I do under stand your point. Hope all works out, it's not that I am afraid of going india for COB but my delivery date is October 4th so not sure how will I manage all during that time. My lawyer says H1B wil get approved but u they might not change status, lets see there is nothing I can do till I get the results.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

Thank you both, I do under stand your point. Hope all works out, it's not that I am afraid of going india for COB but my delivery date is October 4th so not sure how will I manage all during that time. My lawyer says H1B wil get approved but u they might not change status, lets see there is nothing I can do till I get the results.

Thanks again for your suggestions.

If your COS is not approved then you will be on F1 till you finish your degree. After that file for COS to dependent status.

Who said working on CPT is illegal.Many of my friends got approved this year while working on CPT. Just stuck to question.can she stay in US if her H1B is approved by COS is denied?

And those H1's will be revoked in future, just wait and see. Reason why USCIS approved their H1 is they just needed money.

Who said working on CPT is illegal.Many of my friends got approved this year while working on CPT. Just stuck to question.can she stay in US if her H1B is approved by COS is denied?

They will get into problems later.

Look up what happened to people at TVU.

What you are doing is abuse of CPT, plain and simple. And that will kill your future in the US.

This is so confusing now, it's true lot of my friends also got there H1b approved through Goldy Beacom. I am just worried as my due date is October first week and I will not able to go for stamping to India.Is it possible I can go india for stamping after 2-3 months and get approval of H1 or I need to forget about h1 and come back to F1 and try applying next year??

Is the TVU only instituition giving CPT from day 1.I know it has its impact but most people get their visas even attending interview.you guys always make the big deal of small issues.

I have seen cases where ppl got NOIR after 6 yrs of H1. You can search them on this forum. Bottomline, CPT from day1 is illegal.

This is so confusing now, it's true lot of my friends also got there H1b approved through Goldy Beacom. I am just worried as my due date is October first week and I will not able to go for stamping to India.Is it possible I can go india for stamping after 2-3 months and get approval of H1 or I need to forget about h1 and come back to F1 and try applying next year??

Is your spouse on H1? If so then go for COS to H4, you can think about H1 later, first you need to think about your baby not H1.

Is the TVU only instituition giving CPT from day 1.I know it has its impact but most people get their visas even attending interview.you guys always make the big deal of small issues.

TVU was just the most notorious. Basically, all institutions that give out CPT from day one are shady and need to be avoided.

And this IS a big deal.

USCIS cracks down on this nowadays and it WILL end your future in the US.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived