140/485 concurrent filed - priority date - what to expect?

maxb

Hi,

After my labor approval I was told my priority date was current and my I-140 and I-485 were filed concurrently in EB-2 say around Jan 2016. I want to set my expectation as to when I will receive my Green Card.

Let's say my I-485 receipt notice shows Priority date of June 2016, so my first question is that if my priority dates were "current" at the time of concurrent filing of 140+485 then what is this Priority date of June 2016? Are they two different things? What does this priority date mean in terms of when my green card will be processed?

I keep checking on https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do page to see processing times for Nebraska office (where my case is being processed) according to which it looks like as of last update of April 30 2016, the center is processing employment based 485 applications as of Nov 2, 2015 i.e. "the filing date of the last case that the office completed before updating the chart".

Based on this chart of Nebraska office center can it be inferred that if my case was filed around Jan 2016 then I am only a month or two away from my case being processed since the last case that the office completed was filed Nov 2, 2015?

So my question for the experts here is this - based on all the information given above i.e.  service center processing times + concurrent filing of 140/485 + priority date shown on 485 receipt notice, when should one expect for the Green card to be in hand?

Thanks much in advance!

Country of birth Pakistan.

Some Corrections:

• Country of Birth: Pakistan
  • I-140 and I-485 filed concurrently in EB-2 in Jan 2016
  • Priority date was "current" at the time of concurrent filing of 140+485
  • I-485 receipt notice received some weeks later shows Priority date of June 2016  May 2015
  • https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do shows Nebraska center processing time:
    • "Field Office Processing Dates for Nebraska Service Center as of: May 31, 2016"
    • Employment based I-485 applications - Processing Cases As of Date: December 2, 2015   
    • There is a statement that says, "...you will find the filing date of the last case that the office completed before updating the chart"

So,

• On one hand,
    • if Nebraska center is processing cases as of December 2, 2015 based on information as of May 31, 2016 it seems that currently (July 2016) this center might be processing cases filed in Jan 2016 so one should expect some communication from USCIS pretty soon. Not sure if this would be the correct expectation
  • On the other hand,
    • the I-485 receipt notice shows priority date of May 2015 which I am not sure what it means

So to set expectation when should one expect to receive Green card based on all of the above?

Archived