I140 Rejection

guddi

My I140 was rejected due to educational evaluation.

In India we have a 15 years of education to graduation whereas in USA it is 16 years of education.

I have a 15 years education and had applied for I140 in EB2 category and provided educational evaluation but apparently USCIS has rejected the application stating I do not meet the USA graduation requirement.

What are my options do I need to file a fresh labor for EB3 category or can this application be converted to EB3 category.

Pre-college education is irrelevant for this.

For EB3, you need to have the equivalent of a 4-year US bachelor degree. For EB2, you need to have the equivalent of a 4-year bachelor degree + a Masters or 5 years of progressive experience.

My I140 was rejected due to educational evaluation.

In India we have a 15 years of education to graduation whereas in USA it is 16 years of education.

I have a 15 years education and had applied for I140 in EB2 category and provided educational evaluation but apparently USCIS has rejected the application stating I do not meet the USA graduation requirement.

What are my options do I need to file a fresh labor for EB3 category or can this application be converted to EB3 category.

Usually in India, BE/BTech's have 16 years of education similar to any under graduation in the US. Do you have bachelors which is of 3 years?

Pre-college education is irrelevant for this.

For EB3, you need to have the equivalent of a 4-year US bachelor degree. For EB2, you need to have the equivalent of a 4-year bachelor degree + a Masters or 5 years of progressive experience.

yes

Pls guide me on this...

MY I-140 got rejected in EB2 due to educational qualification and since i have already completed 5 years in USA ...

What are my options 

1. can i use the same labor to file my application under EB3 category or do i need to start a fresh process right from Perm...

2. Or can i use the same labor to file my application under EB3 category and at the same time start a fresh perm process for EB3 category

• 9 months later...

EB2 Based on BS Degree Equivalent Plus 5 Years Experience. Alternatively, EB2qualification includes a position requiring a U.S. bachelor's degree or its foreign equivalent and five years of progressive (i.e. post-baccalaureate) experience.

EB3 Green Card Requirements

To qualify for an EB3 Green Card, the applicant must have a permanent, full time job offer from a US employer for which qualified workers are not available in the United States.

Professionals must possess a baccalaureate degree, or degree equivalent, that is required for entry into their occupation.

Skilled Workers must be able to demonstrate at least 2 years of job experience or training.

Other Workers must be undertaking unskilled labor that requires less than 2 years of training or experience.

US Green Card applicants will also need to meet health and character requirements.

Archived