#61 livingwater

livingwater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

221g orangeslip,
This can not be expedited. You just need to wait an watch. I am in the same boat as yours,. VO sent my petition back to USCIS after 4 months, SO count 3-4 months before it gets to USA. Your visa is refused that does not mean that you will have to wait until USCIS makes decision on it. I was the first unlucky who get denial like yours for direct employment, My employer and attorney contacted Kolkata consulate several times but they did not change the position.Wish you all the best

#62 H1ToH4ToEAD

H1ToH4ToEAD

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

221g orangeslip,
This can not be expedited. You just need to wait an watch. I am in the same boat as yours,. VO sent my petition back to USCIS after 4 months, SO count 3-4 months before it gets to USA. Your visa is refused that does not mean that you will have to wait until USCIS makes decision on it. I was the first unlucky who get denial like yours for direct employment, My employer and attorney contacted Kolkata consulate several times but they did not change the position.Wish you all the best

Thanks livingwater

I am planning to go for H4 visa . My wife and two years old kid waiting for mw. This is the last attempt then good bye to US.

#63 Questionaire

Questionaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 02:59 PM

Iam on the same boat as well.

EVC model.. Interview on oct 3rd 2011
221g white.. took away my original I-129, LCA, client letters administrative query
visa denial letter oct 15th 2011
petition reopened in USCIS 27th Dec 2011
reaffirmed 23rd Jan 2011.

Waiting for I797C
Not sure how to proceed from here My interview was with full of questions on employer employee relation and the deniel letter says
"If USCIS revokes the petition, the beneficiary becomes ineligible for visa under section ...... If USCIS reaffirms the petition, the petition will be returned to post for further processing."

So even with reaffirmation not sure if consulate has all my last answers with them.
I want to have a fresh slot in Chennai (1st one in Hyd) not sure if it is possible.

#64 rohitkp

rohitkp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:32 AM

HI QUestionare,
So what was the reason for the first visa rejection at hyd?

when are you planning for the 2nd visa?

I also got 221g and planning for 2nd visa in chennai..

#65 Questionaire

Questionaire

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:00 AM

rohit,

After asking me 7-8 questions on employer and employee relation, VO told me that my employment is not authorized under the conditions of USCIS. and took away the above docs.
I need to have I797C in my hand before going for the 2nd attempt.

#66 phaniksl

phaniksl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:47 AM

Visa Interview: Sep 30th 2011 @ Hyderabad US Consulate.

Visa denied under section 221(g) and refusal letter sent to my email on Oct 18th.

Grounds of reject ==> baseless and false.

Petition sent back to USCIS for further review and on Dec 27th my Petitioner was contacted with NOIR. Rebuttal by my attorney.

Jan 24th, Petition reaffirmed and sent to my Attorney.

Contacted VFS today. They said, there is no need to schedule an appointment with the consulate as the Visa was denied under section 221(g) and not 214(b). Advised me to write an email to the consulate with the detail.

Heard back from the consulate later this afternoon - my petition status in the PIMS database is not yet updated to "Re-Affirmed". Unless PIMS is updated there is nothing the consulate can help me with.

I assume its a waiting game. My attorney is on top of this; as soon as I hear anything, I will post it here.

Please do the same.

Thanks!

#67 simplynikhil

simplynikhil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 05:33 AM

Visa denied under section 221(g) and refusal letter sent to my email on Oct 18th.

Petition sent back to USCIS for further review and on Dec 27th my Petitioner was contacted with NOIR. Rebuttal by my attorney.

Contacted VFS today. They said, there is no need to schedule an appointment with the consulate as the Visa was denied under section 221(g) and not 214(b). Advised me to write an email to the consulate with the detail.

Heard back from the consulate later this afternoon - my petition status in the PIMS database is not yet updated to "Re-Affirmed". Unless PIMS is updated there is nothing the consulate can help me with.

I assume its a waiting game. My attorney is on top of this; as soon as I hear anything, I will post it here.

Please do the same.

Thanks!

Hi Phaniks

which embassy you were dealing with?
I got my RE-Affirmation on 22nd Aug and didn't get any updates from Embassy(Mumbai) till now..
Contacting VFS & DOS on weekly basis.. don't know where it is stucked... :-(

I had received the I797C from USCIS though 3 months back...

Thanks
Nikks

#68 vgk_la

vgk_la

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:08 AM

Please do the same.

Thanks!

Hi phaniksl.

Can you tell me which service center is reaffirmed your case? My case also sent back to USCIS on Dec 27 anf it's CA service center ...

#69 H1b_Stamping_Pending

H1b_Stamping_Pending

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:23 AM

Hi all,

I had my H1b interview at chennai consulate on 28/11/2011. they took my passport,I-129,Letter DHS,Client letter & approval notice and did not any issue any 221g.On 2/1/2012 I recieved only my passport with out stamping and got 221 g green form in which they ticked" your petition is being sent to uscis for further review". I am not understanding what to do now.There is a case number but I dont know where to track the information.

My employer says its better to file for a new petition, dont know if this works ?

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks

#70 phaniksl

phaniksl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

@Nikhil - that is not good news... Hyderabad consulate is dealing with my case. Will have updates to you if I hear from them. But if mine turns out to be how your case has, then its no good. Fingers crossed. Lets see where it ends. my attorney has sent a letter to the consulate requesting them to email the DOS/KCC for updating the PIMS. Its a mess out there. Unless the petition is updated in PIMS, there is nothing the consulate can do. I just hope that the DOS and the Service Center officials do their job right and I get to hear something in the next couple of weeks. Will keep this thread posted.

@vgk - I think its the Vermont SC...

#71 h1b023

h1b023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

@phaniksl - I'm also sailing in the same boat. My petition was reaffirmed in the last week of January 2012 and the Consulate mentioned that they can assist me with the next steps only after my information is updated on the KCC's PIMS database. Can you please let me know if you or your Petitioner have heard anything back from the Consulate after your Attorney sent out the request letter? Have you received the I-797C after reaffirmation?

#72 cac

cac

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

i wld like to share my exp here.
visa type : h1 b (FTE)
date : 9th aug 2011

issued 221g green at the time of interview, case has sent back to USCIS (vermont sc) for further review.
USCIS has received my application at 4th oct 2011.
10th feb 2012 got re-affirmed from USCIS. Contact VFS, they said write an email to the consulate with the detail and attached photo copy of 797C.
Keep you updated on next.
Thanks

#73 chicagocsu

chicagocsu

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:54 AM

Model EVC
Visa interview- 1/11/11
Green 221g issued same day, No documents asked.
Visa denied: 1/19/2011, but letter received 3 weeks later.
Changed employer.
Now EC model, working for the same client, new H1B pending with USCIS.
USCIS status changed on denied visa: 23 may 2011, with the message "Petition reaffirmed and case sent back to DOS for visa processing". My petition was filed with Vermon Svc center, I believe its them who reaffirmed it.

Reaffirmation from USCIS doesnt guarantee you the visa. But nothing wrong in going back and trying. I remember one person going with reaffirmed petition and VO just said reaffirming doesnt guarantee you your visa and denied hi visa. So its all luck. Try with reaffirmed petition if your new H1 with new employer is taking some time.

#74 h1b023

h1b023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 07:45 AM

Hello Everyone,

Below are my details -

- Interview - October 14th, 2011 - Issued 221g - Case sent back to USCIS for further review
- USCIS received the case on December 24th, 2011
- USCIS reaffirmed the case on January 14th, 2012 - Petitoner did not receive any NOIR/NOID
- Received reaffirmed I797C in the last week of January 2012 and sent an e-mail to the Consulate
- Consulate replied back stating that the PIMS has not been updated with the reaffirmed petition information yet
- Currently working with my Attorney to get the the PIMS updated

Will let you guys know when I have further updates, please let me know about your updates as well. Thanks.

#75 arjunmca

arjunmca

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 10:23 AM

Hi,

After reaffirmation, one should go to consulate for stamping. Can we show new job offer which is not the job offer.
Bcaz my visa was pending for 18 months and then sent back to USCIS for reaffirmation.
So i lost the old job offer. Can i show new job offer when i go for stamping after getting the reaffirmation?

#76 Adil

Adil

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:53 AM

Hi All

One more Reaffirmation Case

Visa interview : October 13th 2011
Model : EVC
Visa sent back to USCIS
January 27th 2012 USCIS reaffirms the petition .
Employer recieved I797.
Contacted VFS Hyderabad today. They asked me to send an email to vfshyderabad.

Now what should be my next step. Should I go to the consulate directly.
If yes then I dont have the project.
Can I take the same documents. Or should I search for new client and then amend my H1 B visa and then go to consulate,.

Do let me know what should be the process,

#77 siliyaz

siliyaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 14 March 2012 - 02:10 AM

Hi Adil

Can you please let me know the reaffirmation process, i mean did uscis contacted the employer before reaffirmation or did uscis directly reaffirmed the petition.

which consulate you had went for interview.

Thanks
iliyaz

#78 h1b023

h1b023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:39 PM

Hi All

One more Reaffirmation Case

Visa interview : October 13th 2011
Model : EVC
Visa sent back to USCIS
January 27th 2012 USCIS reaffirms the petition .
Employer recieved I797.
Contacted VFS Hyderabad today. They asked me to send an email to vfshyderabad.

Now what should be my next step. Should I go to the consulate directly.
If yes then I dont have the project.
Can I take the same documents. Or should I search for new client and then amend my H1 B visa and then go to consulate,.

Do let me know what should be the process,

@Adil - Have you heard back from the Consulate? Did they mention that your information is not updated on the PIMS? Pls reply. Thanks.

#79 h1b023

h1b023

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:36 PM

@Nikhil - that is not good news... Hyderabad consulate is dealing with my case. Will have updates to you if I hear from them. But if mine turns out to be how your case has, then its no good. Fingers crossed. Lets see where it ends. my attorney has sent a letter to the consulate requesting them to email the DOS/KCC for updating the PIMS. Its a mess out there. Unless the petition is updated in PIMS, there is nothing the consulate can do. I just hope that the DOS and the Service Center officials do their job right and I get to hear something in the next couple of weeks. Will keep this thread posted.

@phaniksl - pls post if you have any updates. thanks!

#80 siliyaz

siliyaz

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 09:15 AM

@phaniksl , Can you please post your update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users