PD Current and CP

jackhardy

Hello, I am a citizen of India and applied for green card via Consular Processing under the EB3 category. My priority date is Sept24, 2004. PD became current according to July 2016 visa bulletin. Its at Oct 2004 for EB3 India. I sent an email to support@ustraveldocs.com a day ago inquiring about appointment letter and their response was:

----------

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your inquiry.
We are writing in reference to your application for an immigrant visa.
The cutoff date for your visa category has retrogressed (moved back), and your petition is no longer current. Therefore, we must temporarily suspend processing of your visa application. There is no legal provision for an immigrant visa application to be processed out of chronological order, even for humanitarian concerns. We regret that we cannot predict when visas will become available again or cut-off dates will resume their progression. Please monitor the State Department's website at https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/law-and-policy/bulletin.html . When your priority date becomes current, please contact us via email at support-india@ustraveldocs.com for further instructions.

----------

I am confused as to how can visa category retrogress when the bulletin says I am current.

What should I do next?

Thanks for your help.

• 3 weeks later...

jackhardy, i am a couple of months behind you in priority dates and hopefully my date will be current soon as well.

so your documents have all been submitted and accepted?

and which consulate is assigned to you?

Appreciate the feedback.

The NVC has completed the processing of my case and forwarded my file to the US Embassy in Mumbai. That was in 2007. Now just waiting for the Embassy to contact me for the interview once the PD becomes current.

hope you are not relying on a communication from 9 years back. it is better for you to call nvc and confirm your current status. everything should be good but it is good to double check.

and i would appreciate to hear from you about the consulate interview when it happens. thanks.

• 3 months later...

interview happened in sept. the lady who interviewed asked about job offer letter, job description & education info. no w2, pay stubs or tax documents had to be presented. interview lasted 15min and was approved. got the immigration packet 7 days from the approval. passport had immigrant visa stamp. landed in the US in Oct and got endorsed at entry. this serves as a green card. will get plastic card in the mail in 120 days.

Archived