Civil Summon (lawsuit ) Breach Of Contract

divisDC

Hello all,

I am US Citizen staying in New Jersey and was with employer where I signed 12 months contract. Like everyone i needed a job. I went on 6 months project and after that I ended up finding my own project because they didn't find one on time. Now they send me a Civil Summon (lawsuit )  against me for breaching contract with 7 counts. Has this happen to any one. Any one got idea what i should be doing. Have you solved this ? 

I called few attorney and they are asking 425 hourly and $5000.00  up front as retainer to work on the case. is this price normal ? help!!

Why in the world, as a citizen, did you sign up with a shady consulting company?

And why did you sign such a contract???

You need to consult with a lawyer, and if the amount you quote is what they want, you'd have to pay that.

Next time, find a real job, and don't sign such contracts.

an educated adult should have the abilities to understand the job contract that he is signing before signing...better late than never..read and understand each line of the contract that signed in its entirety...it should be easy to understand..

try to look for the paragraphs where they mentioned about their obligation to find you a client within certain number of days..if you waited for atleast those number of days, then you have an out..otherwise, shop around for an attorney within ur price range..for jersey area, those prices seem reasonable...how much damages ur ex employer seeking?

Yah, Unfortunately didn't pay too much attention to the contract as I was going to fulfill the contract. Now shopping for attorney now.   I will be countering them as  i got notice for 30 days and all they wanted to do was talk money and not start my marketing. 

Archived