COS case status (F1 to H1B) in "Acceptance' for 6 working days - Premium Processing.

newy0rker

Hi all,

My employer applied my H1B without COS ( I still don't know why didn't they apply my COS - I am on OPT expiring July 17) & I got i-797B. Now my employer has filed an amendment for COS in PP & I got the receipt number. When I checked the status of application online, the application was received on June 29 and it is in "Acceptance" since then. As per USCIS, the acceptance step normally finishes in 2 working days.

Do you think is this normal? Do I need to worry about it?    

The case status update feature on the USCIS website is not always up to date and should not be relied on as proof of the current status. The employer or attorney of record can follow up with the premium processing unit if the case is outside the 15 day processing time and no update has been provided by USCIS.

The case status update feature on the USCIS website is not always up to date and should not be relied on as proof of the current status. The employer or attorney of record can follow up with the premium processing unit if the case is outside the 15 day processing time and no update has been provided by USCIS.

Thanks, Attorney_10. I got an approval today from my lawyer and then when I went there and check it is now showing as Approved.

Archived