Where do I get the CGI number to pay visa fees at Axis Bank?

arun2633

Hi,

My friend at Chennai is trying to pay the visa fees for me. But the Axis bank people are asking for 12 digit cgi number.

When I created an account for the ustraveldocs.com, I got like 8 digit number(right next to my username when logged in).

Is this the CGI number? Or am I missing something here?

Quick response would be much appreciated

Thanks

Arun

Hi,

My friend at Chennai is trying to pay the visa fees for me. But the Axis bank people are asking for 12 digit cgi number.

When I created an account for the ustraveldocs.com, I got like 8 digit number(right next to my username when logged in).

Is this the CGI number? Or am I missing something here?

Quick response would be much appreciated

Thanks

Arun

In your account, when you go further after filling the passport details & all, you will get a chance to pay the fee.

when you click on the options to pay & select citi or axis bank, you will be redirected to a page which you should take a print out & present it at the bank when you are paying the visa fee. This page contains the CGI number.

Hope this helps.

CGI Reference number is located on the page that opens up once you click on the CITIBANK option.\

To go to that page...open your account, follow the steps as if you were to schedule and appointment...it asks all the visa details and stuff...just click next/continue/save......then you will go to the payments page where there is a link that says "view all payments options"

When you click on this link, a popup is opened. On the popup you have multiple options to click like...NEFT...Bank of AMerica...Citibank...AXIS Bank...and some other bank name.

When you click on one of these options, say CITIBANK, a new window/tab will open.....SAVE THAT PAGE (take a screenshot of that page and save it) ... that page consits of the fee amount and the CGI Reference number and instructions

You need to send this page to your friend to present it to the Bank person at CITIBANK.

Thanks guys, all of you.. Was able to do what you guys described and able to pay the fees..

Hi All,

Can we make changes to the DS160 form once submitted?

to make VISA payment, we need to complete the DS160 form confirmation number right?

can i make changes once i got the confirmation number?

@AVReddy

Yes you can make changes to the DS-160 form once submitted.

The confirmation number of the DS-160 is the number that is generated when you initially start an application. Just make sure you note this number or take a print out of that page with the confirmation#. You dont need to complete 100% to make VISA payment...You can finish that application after payment also...just retreive the DS-160 form by entering your details and confirmation # on the "RETREIVE APPLICATION" section.

After you book your appointment, make sure the visa center you mentioned is same as that of the visa center you booked the appointment at. if NOT, you can create new DS-160 application form and update the number in our visa information page.

Hope this helps.!

Good Luck

• 1 year later...

My employer misplaced original I797 approval. So I don't wanted to take any risk to attend visa interview with copy of I797. This resulted to postpone my travel plans to India.

However I submitted DS160 form electronically. Printed the confirmation page that has CEAC barcode number (DS160 confirmation number). I followed all 10 steps to generate CGI reference number through stanley website. And paid my visa fees at Axis bank (cash payment of US visa fees). Now, activated fee receipt number is already displayed. Since I am changing my travel plans, I feel I have to modify some fields in DS160 form. Fields particularly intended dates of travel plans and number of days I stayed in USA (since I pre-calculated number of days that I stayed in USA).

Though I have changed my travel plans, do I need to create new DS160 form?
Is this CGI reference number unique and specific to DS160 confirmation number?
Does CGI reference number changes for new DS160 form?
Will that activated fee receipt number be valid for new DS160 confirmation number?

Archived